CODE OF ETHICS
FEDERATION OF METAL DETECTOR AND ARCHAEOLOGICAL CLUBS, INC. CODE
1. Before searching public sites, always check laws, ordinances, or regulations that may govern your search. Observe all laws, whether national, state, or local. If you are asked to leave a site unjustly, get the name of the person, name of the agency he represents, and if at all possible, the law/ code you are violating. Do NOT argue! Do some research. If YOU are RIGHT, give us the details, and we will check into it.
2. Respect the rights and property of others. Never trespass Always get permission before searching private property. WRITTEN PERMISSION IS BEST!
3. Never leave open holes, even on beaches. Leave the land and vegetation exactly as it was before you started detecting. Remove all trash and litter when you leave.
4. Report the discovery of any items of significant historical value to the local historian or museum. Never destroy priceless historical or archeological treasures.
5. If you discover live ammo, a lethal object, or signs of any crime, DO NOT TOUCH! Mark the site and notify police at once.
6. Be polite and informative to those who who inquire about your hobby/ sport. Conduct yourself with courtesy and consideration for others. You are an ambassador of a pastime we want to protect and WE will be judged by how YOU act and respond.